Multicultural Leaders of California
The National Diversity Council seeks not only to uphold and promote the principles of diversity and leadership but also seeks to recognize those individuals who personify those principles. The Multicultural Leadership Award is designed to recognize individuals of color who have made a difference through their achievements and exemplify the ability to excel in their field.
- Demonstrates leadership excellence in the public and/or private sectors
- Sustains a record of accomplishments and/or contributions to field of work throughout scope of his/her career.
- Retains commendable reputation with colleagues and superiors
- Demonstrates leadership and commitment to community well-being and/or high visibility in the community.
Requirements of Award Winners
- Send bio and a photo, which needs to be in 300dpi resolution and in jpeg or gif style, to event coordinator.
- Be present at the conference where the awards will be presented.
Call for Nominations
- A call for nominations is sent out through email blast, and social media networks.
- Individuals nominate award winners online or via email.
- A local awards committee is formed, composed of 3-5 people with diverse backgrounds who research potential award winners.
- They seek input from the State Council Board of Directors and council members.
- Award winners are notified of their selection by Dennis Kennedy, Founder and CEO of the National Diversity Council, either by email or linkedin.
2015 Award Winners
2014 Award Winners